Moly Bullets

Guest rogern

All you chaps that use Moly bullets could do worse than read the para below.

It is a commodity and it looks like its going to be in short supply so stock up.

Quote from Interactive Investor.

One exciting story is Moly - or molybdenum - a copper by product. Most of this extremely hard silvery-white metal is used to produce stainless steel, demand for which is expected to grow by around 6% a year for some years. The other 20% goes into speciality chemical applications such as lubricants for oil drilling and refinery catalysts.

Like copper, Moly supply is tight because of the scarcity of deposits to drill and mine, while those that do exist are generally in politically sensitive regions or physically difficult terrain with high extraction costs. Demand is sky-high, with steel mills in Asia on maximum production and global growth continuing to consume what is available. China accounted for about 30% of world supplies last year but shortages have been exacerbated by its anti-polluting drive, which has caused the closure of over 300 copper/Moly mines.

Doesnt know his elements Moly is a lead by product not copper and the reduced demand for lead has made it scarcer.

Does your barrel in anyway so I wont be stocking up on it , I actually have the machine and enough moly and powdered carnuba wax to last a lifetime, if anyone wants to make and offer!

Redfox

Doesnt know his elements Moly is a lead by product not copper and the reduced demand for lead has made it scarcer.

Does your barrel in anyway so I wont be stocking up on it , I actually have the machine and enough moly and powdered carnuba wax to last a lifetime, if anyone wants to make and offer!

Redfox

Redfox, you might have been a little more polite, my point was that it is being used up by China/India etc, just like all the other minerals on this planet, and it is you who should read up on his elements, it is NOT a lead by product or compound, it is:

A silvery white metal with an atomic number of 42, molybdenum is solid at room temperature, has an atomic mass of 95.94, and appears in the periodic table of elements under the chemical symbol of "Mo." Because of its softness, color, and greasy feel, it was originally mistaken as a lead compound. Its name, derived from molybdos, the Greek word for lead, reflects this.

One of molybdenum's most unique and therefore useful qualities is its extremely high melting point: 4753 degrees F (2623 degrees C, or 2896 K). In fact, compared to other pure elements, molybdenum has one of the highest melting points. Because of its ability to withstand extremely high temperatures, molybdenum is used in the manufacture of missiles, aircrafts, spacecrafts, rifle barrels, light bulb filaments, and furnace components.

In the United States, about two thirds of the molybdenum is used to make stainless and alloy steel. Stainless steel, resistant to rust and corrosion, is used, for example, in water distribution systems and food-service equipment. Durable alloy steels are used in the formation of automotive parts and construction machinery. Added to steel alloys, molybdenum forms an extremely strong product that can withstand high temperatures. Molybdenum can also be used as a smoke and flame retardant, a corrosion inhibitor, a dry lubricant, and a chemical catalyst in certain applications in the petroleum industry.

The United States is a significant source of the world's molybdenum, drawing from mines in Colorado, New Mexico, and Idaho. Other prolific producers worldwide include China, Canada, Peru, and Russia. Molybdenum can be mined directly, gleaned from ore sources such as molybdenite or molybdenum sulfide (MoS2), obtained as a by-product of copper mining, and recovered from the mineral wulfenite (PbMoO4).

If you need any more help with elements i suggest you Google the ones you dont understand!

Archived