Hi there fellas i have just bought purchased a panasonic T55 camcorder which by the way is discontinued but seems to be a very good buy £150 comet with the idea of trying to get into posting some video shots on the forum but i am completely thick when it comes to downloading stuff the camera comes with a disc which i have put onto my laptop succesfully that was easy to do no problem but how do i get the videos of my computer and on to the forum what do i need to do and advice would be welcome thanks :rolleyes:

without getting too technical just now, I will cover the basic;

once you have recorded everything you want, connect the camera via USB or Firewire, or if you camera uses DVD or solid state memory you can just remove the disk/ssd and put that directly into your PC.

you may have some budget software that came with your camera. this should let you do basic editing to the video on your PC. If not you will have to acquire software. an entry level user friendly one for example is pinnacle studio, but there are many others.

whatever you decide, you need to edit the vid by removing frames that you don't want, cut out bits that are not important so to reduce the size as un compressed (raw footage) video in standard definition is about 1 meg per second.

after you have your video cleaned up, you will need to render it out either un compressed which would be massive or compress it down so that you can upload/email it to friends.

if you have a u tube account you can look up their help section to give you an idea as to what you should compress your footage down to before uploading it.

best software for edditing to date but expensive is Adobe Premiere, this you will find far too much for just now but it's what I use along with adobe after effects. Until you know what your doing and if video becomes a serious hobby then you will want to get adobe prem.

the more advanced you get into video edditing you will be colour correcting and improving/adding audio etc.., the above software is just fantastic for that.

Archived