New 204 ruger

Just like to say a big thanks to dave ( Baldie ).

Had a .204 ruger built on my sako 1 action.

Just managed to develop some loads for it and it's shooting 1/4 groups at 150 yards with 32 grain v max.

Just want to say rifle looks amazing and dave isn't just a gun smith he is a god damn artist, and just to top it off he's a top man to deal with.

Been out to 260 yard on a rabbit tonight, head shot of course. I'll post some pics when I figure out how to post them.

Brilliant buddy !

I,ll grab a couple more of those barrels whilst they sre about then. ;)

I,ll be very interested in how it performs with the 40 grainers etc.

Spot on mate, im looking at gettin a rifle built in .204, Ive sent a message to Baldie a while ago but he hasnt got back to me :huh: Glad you are having fun with yours though

Steve.

Just trying to sort 39 blitzkings out. They grouped but only at low velocity, trying some more loads with extra seating depth. Have you managed to post that cutter cheers

Just trying to sort 39 blitzkings out. They grouped but only at low velocity, trying some more loads with extra seating depth. Have you managed to post that cutter cheers

I,ve had a hell of a lot of computer problems of late, including being offline for over a week, thanks to BT. Apparently running a business isnt a good enough excuse when i asked to speak to someone who actually speaks english ! They wont be laughing next week when the account is closed..... :lol:

My apologies to anyone who may not have had a reply recently.

I,ll sort the cutter today Keith, i,m working at home trying desperatly to clear a backlog of quotes now i,m back online.

Been looking at Peoples loads but barrel is a 1 in 10 on mine and everyone I've looked at has been standard 1 in 12.

But trial and error is the name of the game.

And cheers dave for the cutter, keep checking cases and they are just starting to stretch

Guest richness

Been looking at Peoples loads but barrel is a 1 in 10 on mine and everyone I've looked at has been standard 1 in 12.

But trial and error is the name of the game.

And cheers dave for the cutter, keep checking cases and they are just starting to stretch

Mate if it's one in ten it will be like my Archer. That loved SBKs, sure. But the real find was 40gr Noslers. Infinitely higher quality WRT ogive consistency than SBKs and Vmax and the difference in BC is not noticeable at 500y so don't worry at all what it says on paper. You'll definitely be able to stabilise the 40grs with a 1/10 so give them a go - they are obviously much better in the wind than the 32s :)

Archived