BORESCOPE

londonhunter

TO all the boffins out there

My son bought a USB camera on ebay last week for peanuts

To me it gives amazing magnification and clarity for it price 08 quid !

Now this thing has a flexible cord and the camera is mounted at the end of this cord but the camera head is 0.4 inches in diameter

OK any bright sparks out there can make an adapter so we can use it as a borescope ?

I have checked this is the smallest diameter camera they make for this price range

I don't mind buying a few more of these USB camera to experiment since they cost next to nothing

Over to you guys ....................

I would have thought focus would be your main problem.

What is the nearest focus the camera will do with good clarity?

Obviously any attachment would then have to take this into account i.e hang off the end and also turn the viewing angle through 90 degrees.... umm could be tricky but do-able.

I assume you are looking to use this on 30 cal or similar.

Eldon

I was thinking aloud and if something can be made up for pennies everybody here can benefit. Have a look on ebay search under "borescope" there are lots and lots of newer generation ones with quite high resolution for relatively little money just need to be adapted for our purposes thats all. I hope I am making sense. I had a go at using a Hawkeye and must say it's a cracking bit of kit but for a hobbist like most people here the investment does noy warrant it.

Archived