17 ack earns its keep

pnse

Had a phone call from a friend yesterday asking if i fancied a bit of lamping on one of his farms,a few laps around the Fields in the pick-up accounted for over 30 rabbits lost quite alot due to the long grass and forgetting to bring a torch,as we were leaving spotted this vixen grubbing for worms a 20grn vmax behind the shoulder at about 180 yards put her lights outPicture%20001.jpg

nice pile of rabbits there pnse that 17ack certainly is earning its keep, nice going on the bonus fox too. Hows the prac20 coming on?

nice pile of rabbits there pnse that 17ack certainly is earning its keep, nice going on the bonus fox too. Hows the prac20 coming on?

hello Craig,going up to Steve bowers week monday to finalise the details on the build so hope fully it shouldnt be to long now,then its the wait for the 6x47 lapua i,m going to have steve build, the joys of custom rifles.

ATB Paul

Good work there pnse,i eventually got up to Callum's yesterday and picked up my brass and bullets for my 17ah so i can now finish off fireforming and start to develop a load.

6ppc look forward to your posts on your exploits with your 17 ack,mine never ceases to amaze me what the little case can do the fox in the pic went down as if she'd been hit with a sledge hammer.

ATB paul

Had a phone call from a friend yesterday asking if i fancied a bit of lamping on one of his farms,a few laps around the Fields in the pick-up accounted for over 30 rabbits lost quite alot due to the long grass and forgetting to bring a torch,as we were leaving spotted this vixen grubbing for worms a 20grn vmax behind the shoulder at about 180 yards put her lights outPicture%20001.jpg

Hi mate,

Very nice looking rifle!!!,

Can you give us some more info on the rifle???????, Stock, barrel and action??? and some load details???

What kined of groups will it put in ????

All the best darrel ;)

Hi mate,

Very nice looking rifle!!!,

Can you give us some more info on the rifle???????, Stock, barrel and action??? and some load details???

What kind of groups will it put in ????

All the best Darrel ;)

hello Darrel,here are a few specs on the rifle,anchutz 54 action,24'' super match pac-nor 1-9 twist barrel the stock is a Paul Wilson custom.As to some load info i use 11.8 grains of n-120,here's a group that i shot during initial load work.

17%20ackley%20hornet%20003.jpg

Archived