Vihtavuori N132

TonyH

I only just learned of N132 and am curious about its performance. N133 has been around forever and is the first powder I ever used to load for centrefire rifle, in .222, excellent performance with 50gr bullets. N130 is excellent too for 40gr bullets in .223 and 20Tac. I wonder if anyone has tried N132 - presumably quite a new powder? - in the rounds I've mentioned...

Thanks - Tony

Viht doesn't list it in its latest downloadable products and loads data guide updated last February and Hannam's Reloading has never mentioned it, but it is shown on various burn rate charts as bracketing Norma 200 with N133 (N132 faster, N133 slower). This would suggest it would work well in .222 Rem if nothing else as N200 is a long time top performer in the cartridge. It may be something produced for the European / Scandinavian market where .222 Rem is still an important cartridge partly due to history, partly thanks to legal restrictions on .223 Rem as a 'military' cartridge.

Viht doesn't list it in its latest downloadable products and loads data guide updated last February and Hannam's Reloading has never mentioned it, but it is shown on various burn rate charts as bracketing Norma 200 with N133 (N132 faster, N133 slower). This would suggest it would work well in .222 Rem if nothing else as N200 is a long time top performer in the cartridge. It may be something produced for the European / Scandinavian market where .222 Rem is still an important cartridge partly due to history, partly thanks to legal restrictions on .223 Rem as a 'military' cartridge.

Thanks Laurie, useful suggestions. A pretty obscure item in UK, then, so I'm unlikely to have a chance to experiment with it in 20Tac - for which it might be very good, from what you say.

Regards, Tony

Tony,

I'll ask about it the next time I'm in Hannam's which will be sometime in the next couple of weeks.

Laurie

Tony,

I'll ask about it the next time I'm in Hannam's which will be sometime in the next couple of weeks.

Laurie

Thanks Laurie, that's helpful. I look forward to learning whether they plan to import it.

Tony

Archived