Third Eye Spartan moderator and picatinny rail.

Hello fellas.

Just to say, I called down to Third Eye on Thursday and met up with Craig. He's a top bloke with good craic. What a nice engineering setup he has there too.

I wanted a Third Eye Spartan for my impending 223 Tikka T3 Lite and he built one up for me there and then. He had all of the components to hand and simply fitted it all together. What a superb piece of workmanship these are (see Baldies recent post on these 'from a gunsmiths point of view'). Over time, the stainless steel inserts for the baffles will really show their worth.

As I didn't have the rifle with me, I have to take the barrel measurement at the rear of the unit and give Craig a bell with the info. He's going to make up the rear bush to size and send it up for me (it's the over-barrel version).

While I was there. I picked up a picatinny rail too. This was fitted to my Tikka yesterday and it's a superb piece of kit too. Just one thing: Craig and I both assumed that the new Tikka would have screws in the action that could be used for mounting the rail. They only have plastic grommets I'm afraid :angry: As I was eager to get the rail on, I hunted in the bits box for something suitable, to no avail. Eventually found that the Apel mounts I had were the same size thread and had a head that would fit into the recesses of the rail. Consider them robbed.

Haven't fired the rifle yet, so I'll update as and when, but the size of the rail, the workmanship and the weight (or lack of it) make it a great product anyway. Put my D760 on the rifle and the balance is great. Thanks, Craig.

George

I had a rail and rings from Third eye too. Top quality kit and excellent customer service. Craig even rang several weeks later to check I was happy with them. Highly recommended.

Archived