A couple more

nemasis243

Well it is a time of year when a lot of fox shooters,leave them well alone,due to cubs being present,on the other hand,the guys who help farmers who have problems when lambing starts its a very busy time of year for us.

Up until the end of last year I was out and about upto 4times aweek,being paid to shoot by some farmers and not by others.

Well after a long hard think about it I decided to cut down a bit, I was spending around £50 on fuel just going places to shoot foxes,as I say some farmers pay the others just never offer.

I have some great friends that have farms and these I would never take a dime off even though thay always offer,and last nite one of these mates rang me up to have a spin round with him as lambing starts in a couple of weeks and he needs to thin a few foxes out.

It wasnt long before we had come onto our first fox of the night, (I must say at this point all the foxes were very lampshy and made it hard work)

As the light hit it ,it started to run , this was about 100yrds away to start and within seconds was another 80 up the field , as it got to this point it went from a sprint to a walk and then for a split second stopped as if it was deciding where to go next,that was my chance and a 58grn Vmax said hello, first fox in the bag.

It was the same all nite each fox running as the light hit it.

As I have said in the past we have been having big trouble in the area with guys with long dogs ,but who dosent

After seeing how the first 2 foxes reacted ,I changed tactics , we normally drive all fields and try and catch up with what ever fox is about in that field,

We went to high ground which is the neighbours land, we had permission so it wasnt a problem ,

There is a huge bank and from here we could scan all the lower parts of my mates farm, from this position I shot another 4 but there again they all ran for a wee while, the only problem from this position is that it put an extra 50yrds on a shot so things started to get a bit lenghthy ,but then a cracking night and no wind helped me a fair bit.

Anyway got to dash got to clean the rifle ,

know what you mean about lampshy foxs plenty around some of the areas we shoot but at least you got a result

• 4 weeks later...

Hi mate I'm assuming that you live down south of the country somewhere hence the 4-5 fox bag! Sounds like fun! Try lamping round here! Northern foxes! That's a challenge. Happy hunting.

Archived