Big Shooter Bench

I have been shooting for many years and in the last year or so have developed a neck problem through work. I find shooting prone gives me problems so the quest began to look for a shooting bench . A lot of the lads in the club use converted Black and Decker work mates but these look a bit "Heath Robinson" to me and I wanted something a bit more refined.

I had dealt with Gary at Shooting Bags on a number of occasions and his web site looked as if it had the solution to my problem. I phoned Gary for a chat on the matter as I had seen the Coyote Jake and BR Pivot benches on his web site. He told me he had just come back from the States and he had tried out a new bench called the Big shooter which knocked the other 2 benches into a cocked hat. Gary said he had ordered a few and would have one at the Midland game fair for me to see. At the Midland game fair I saw the bench and was very impressed, so much so I bought it.

The bench it's self is superb quality and breaks down into 4 component parts. The top,stand,main support and the seat.

As you can see from the photo I leave the seat attached to the main support. This all packs neatly into the boot of the car. The bench reasembles in 2-3 minutes with practice and will stow down again just as easily.

The Big Shooter shooting bench has a large ply wood top which has plenty of room on the top for your rifle, shooting bags and ammunition. The bench it's self is an extremely stable shooting platform and has the wonderful ablity to rotate through 360 degrees whilst you are still seated, very handy for that long range bunny bashing session in the field. The seat as well is height adjustable to suit any size of person.

DSCF0001-1.jpg

I've had the bench now for 2 months and have been totally impressed with it. Shooting from the bench is so much more comfortable and I can now concentrate on my shooting instead of having a pain in my neck whilst prone. It doesn't take long to assemble and is very easy to use. My group shooting has improved and I'm really glad I made the investment. The only problem is everyone at the range is rather jealous and unless I'm quick I could loose my seat at the bench very easily. I've only used the bench at the range at the moment but I'm looking forward next year to doing some long range bunny bashing from it.

DSCF0007.jpg

Although the initial cost of the bench quite high I feel it is worth every penny and the Big Shooter bench is built to last a life time. What price can you put on total shooter comfort and it may also help your shooting, it improved mine.

Dave.

• 3 months later...

Hi Hoot, yes I use the bench most weeks at our local range, it is quick and easy to put up.

It is a godsend when zeroing down the farm as you have a perfectly stable shooting platform.

I got fed up of lying in muck or trying to shoot from the bonnet of the car.

All in all it really is a top product.

We are thinking of putting the bench in the back of an L200 and having a mobile shooting platform :D

Cheers

Dave

• 3 months later...

Give Gary a shout on here (Shooting Bags) he imports them and can let you know how much they are.

He is a great chap to deal with and the shooting bench is a top quality product.

Cheers

Dave

Archived