steyr trigger adjustment

bulmers

hi all. i recently bought a steyr elite in 223 and it has a set trigger(non standard i believe)that i would like to lighten. i have previously owned a steyr prohunter with same trigger and did adjust same with imfo from manual provided with rifle.how times have changed .if any one out there has instructions or can advise on same it would be helpfull and much appreciated

I got the Pro Hunter Steyr, but I upgraded it to an adjustable two stage type (sportsman gun centre Exeter) the original on it I believe sounds like the one that you have. The one that I have has two small adjusting screws on the underside of the trigger, one screw adjusts the pull and the other one the travel, hope that makes sense.

Tony.

I got the Pro Hunter Steyr, but I upgraded it to an adjustable two stage type (sportsman gun centre Exeter) the original on it I believe sounds like the one that you have. The one that I have has two small adjusting screws on the underside of the trigger, one screw adjusts the pull and the other one the travel, hope that makes sense.

Tony.

not the trigger i have tony.my trigger has a very light set trigger which is engaged by pushing blade forward . this gives a really light release whice is unsuitable for general hunting. what i want to adjust is the non set trigger or normal trigger if you like. thanks all the same tony

Bulmers,

The information is not dished out by the maker but the trigger is fully adjustable. You can obtain the inof via this web site, there is also a lot of other useful info here re. the SBS actioned Steyr's:

http://www.steyrscout.org/steyrtip.htm

I adjusted my trigger just fine before i got rid of both my Steyrs for personnal reasons.

Brgds Terry

Archived