christening night for th 6x47

foxshot

Well after a great night out with wejohn previously i thought i would return the favour and see if we could christen his new 6x47 rifle on my stomping ground

The weather could not have been worse,misty and v quiet

The first venue has produced fox's every time out so was optamistic for john geting a shot about 45 mins later nothing was starting to think o s**t is this gona be a waste of time,so he took out a rabbit at around 150 yds at least it was first blood for him,

on the otherside of the ground at last a fox used the call to keep it intrested then john finaly got his chance and dropd the fox at the 160 + range and a very steep downhill shot,a satisfactory sound of a fox being hit was heard

retreiving the fox i was breathing like a steam train walking back up the hill (gona have to do more cardio training i think )another fox was seen but didnt present a shot,next venue weather just as bad again a fox was seen but no shot was possible,this area to provides plenty foxs but again nothing seen so a poor result of one fox was had, a bit dissapointed as i was hoping to give john a good nights lamping,

the rifle is one sweet looking rifle john should do better when we get some distance shooting done

picture005ep.jpg

Thats one cracking round you have there and a fantastic looking rifle as well

The 6mmhot is a round that Dave (6mmbr) has done a lot with , I have shot and also been witness to things shot by Dave ,at extreme distances with that calibre,

What are the specs and what bullets wieght are you using?

Cracking fox as well.

good luck with it

Well foxshot, thanks so much for the nights lamping and you have some really good

ground you shoot over.

It was a bummer about the weather and after seeing so many rabbits it looks like

it could be a fun summer and really cant wait for some long range shooting.

Yip it is a heavy bugger @ 17 Lb and i must admit my shoulder is tender today :wub:

The load i used last night was 39.6gr RL17 and 105 AMAX.

In all honestly i would be happy just throwing charge weights for this gun as all charge

weights from 39 - 39.6 are sub .5" .

The 105 AMAX opened up the rabbit and fox pretty much the same as a 65gr VMAX would

that i used to load for the .243 but with an extra 600 ft/lbs of energy.

Rifle specs are below.

Yes it does say LIGHT VARMINT so i hate to think how heavy the varmint would be.

I must admit i am not keen on the HS magazine system, its too tight to remove.

R G Rifles, custom stainless repeater action, with spiral fluted bolt. Right bolt / left port.

Kreiger stainless, 6mm barrel, 1 in 8 twist, LV profile to 26" 0.85" at muzzle.

McMillan A5 stock with integral cheek piece, decelerator pad and 2 studs. Black, Olive and Green marble.

Rifle pillar and epoxy bedded to stock.

Barrel screw cut for moderator and fitted with invisible thread cap.

Barrel fitted with ASE UTRA S5 moderator

Barrel fluted with 8 flutes.

Arnold Jewel trigger fitted.

HS Precision detachable magazine system

20 MOA tapered rail.

Action, moderator and rail Teflon coated matt black.

Barrel bead blasted .

Archived