Lamping with the .17hmr

kip270

After having a good few hours out this morning, i had arranged to go lamping for a few hours with my Son, i was the lampman while my son would be using the .17hmr.

We were hoping to spot a fox, but we failed to see anything???

He managed these two bunnies one after the other

IMG00200.jpg

He bagged another one but didn't take a pic, so three bunnies but no sign of a fox at all, hopefully the Farmer is going to start cutting the maize fields this week so more fields for lamping :(

Good on ya' Kip, I love taking my kids out with me, although my daughter doesn't shoot yet she loves coming out. My son is a great shot and loves all aspects of the game. Like you I am waiting on the maize being cut, I am told that they hope to make a start this week, weather permitting.

Hi Sprags,

None at all mate, when i lived in Scotland that's why i asked for the .17hmr on my renewal because some of my permission was not suitable for the .22rim. You won't have any problems with the .17hmr at all :lol:

I have shot over lots of different land and never heard one one yet

Guest varmartin

Just getting used to mine and i love it already..( CZ Varmint ).standing shots at 75 yards on bunnies .....

reminds me of my air rifle days... just add 40 yards !! :lol:

JB`d the hell out of the barrel to get rid of the bluing/ or browning as it was ...

Honed the trigger and trimmed the weight spring

Polished the bolt lugs at the back of the bolt to smooooth it up and off you go :lol:

Martin

Guest 308Panther

For rimfires the .17HMR is very hard to beat.

Think of it as an air rifle on some serious steroids.

I had a couple ricochette's off dried ground,while punchin Corn Cobs from

120 yrds....usin Hornady's ammo.

Only thing I did to mine was adj trigger and fit CZ's weaver base.

And some Leupold QRW Rings.

The Millet ones were wandering big time.

308Panther

I've had a couple of rounds go whining off into the distance as well whilst target shooting, could be part off the round after it's fragmented as apposed to the hole thing but a .17HMR can ricochet, I had also read that they don't before I bought one, well, THEY DO! granted not as often as a .22LR.

Great wee round though superbly accurate, wind depending of course.

Archived