inflatable rear bag

Mash67

hi

just reading other topics on rear bags and wondered if anyone hade thought of such a thing. i was thinking along the lines of the usual sock size bag with a strong bladder inside,it could be half or three quater filled with media and then inflate the rest as per requirments.you could probably fit a bladder in a small dog dummy..save space in your kit when not required..IS THIS A CR*P IDEA..or is there some milage in it.

willing to sell the rights in the uk for a space at the golf shoot :D

Matt

hi

just reading other topics on rear bags and wondered if anyone hade thought of such a thing. i was thinking along the lines of the usual sock size bag with a strong bladder inside,it could be half or three quater filled with media and then inflate the rest as per requirments.you could probably fit a bladder in a small dog dummy..save space in your kit when not required..IS THIS A CR*P IDEA..or is there some milage in it.

willing to sell the rights in the uk for a space at the golf shoot :D

Matt

It's been done, sort of. I have a casual camera/lens support, bought years ago, that's a nylon & fabric bag filled maybe 70% with polystyrene pellets; attached at one corner is a plastic hose connected to a bulb with a valve. Place bag on a fencepost or your car, say, with a camera (or rifle?) resting across it; several squeezes of the bulb removes most of the air, leaving the bag shaped quite firmly around the camera (or rifle). I've never used it with a rifle, but it makes a light to carry, informal support for a compact camera when out in the countryside. Recently i was wondering whether to try it as a rear bag for my rifle, prone with bipod: the bag valve leaks air back inside slowly, and squeezing that bulb might be a bit of a faff when setting up to shoot a crow or rabbit, but it's tempting to try...

Tony

Matt,

No idea is too silly to air but the basic principle of a good rear bag is that, once you've got yourself sorted, it 'locks up' steady. This is why the amount and type of filler is important.

So an air bag, being compressable, will always be 'soggy' :o

If you want to 'analyse' it, this is why you squeeze the trigger when prone on the bottom of your breathing cycle, your lungs are empty and you are not resting on a big bag of air, you are all 'deflated' and squashed to the ground, nice and solid.

Hope this helps?

Terry

Archived