a few rabbits

foxshot

Decided to visit one of the bits of ground i have that has a few rabbits for a change,and a bit of a lamp later,arived at about two thirty it was a case of find a good shooting point this gave me a good view of three areas ranging from 100 to 280 yds then wait after what seemed an eternity they started to show the first shot at and missed at 108 forgot that the first two or three shots from a clean barrel in my rifle shoot high, its mate sat a couple of yards further on and contact was made,after a couple of hours decided to move to see if i could get some further range shots, a 300 yard shot was now possible, ranged one at 210 held a little high expecting the bullet to drop into its target missed hiting where i was aiming ,after a while one showed at 186 aimed smack on and down it went,the furthest of the day was 214 not a long way compared to some of the shots on here still learning how the rifle shoots but now know i can keep point of aim up to 214 yds had a bit of a lamp but no foxs this time ,plenty rabbits out numb to the lamp so i think the 22 r/f will be out next timedscf0052editedli2.jpg

Its amazing how flat shooting those .22 centre fires are out to 200 yds.

Seems your getting the hang of things ok :D

Have you a load for the Ackley yet or are you still fireforming brass?

Cheers

dave

Dave i have now loaded four batches of ten varying in half a grain 26.5 to 28 gr ,just waiting to get my chrony back then its down to some testing

Dave i have now loaded four batches of ten varying in half a grain 26.5 to 28 gr ,just waiting to get my chrony back then its down to some testing

Let us know how you get on. I'm getting sparkling performance from my .22-250 Ackley there is no hold over out to 250 yds and for hits out to 300 just hold level with the top of a bunnies back :(

Cheers

Dave

Archived