CZ 527 in .17 Remington

Rechambering an existing chamber is a bodge.

There are countless 243,s etc out there that have been ackley,d.

A .243 is a tapered case. An ackley is virtually straight. What happens when you put an ackley reamer into a std chamber. It starts cutting almost immediatly. What is supporting the front of the reamer, ie...the pilot ?.....Nothing.

The reamer is in a floating reamer holder, so what is stopping it cutting off centre ?....nothing.

What happens when it finally gets to the bore ? If you are lucky, the reamer will pick up the bore and engage. At best it will cut an oversized chamber. At worst it will snap like a carrot.

Some cartridges can be succesfully recut by this method, if the two cartridges have similar tapers. Ackleys do not.

If you cannot support the front of the reamer, you should not cut with it.

I could earn a lot of money by doing this. Personally i think my customers deserve a decent job. I wont do it.

I wont even rough chambers out. Every chamber is cut from start to finish with a finish reamer. Yep, its harder on reamers, but you have the satisfaction of knowing the chamber has been cut as perfectly as possible.

Been trying to ring you Steve ref the £150 you have promised to pay me for the new brass and bullet heads a dies I sent to you for the 204 I sold you.You seem not to be able to answer your phone when I ring you mate.You keep promising to pay me from around 2 months ago,and now you seem to be able afford a new gun purchase mate.Look forward to your replyMark.....

Mark, like i said, I am in Liverpool at the mo and haven't been home due to my personal reasons and am still of the island! I don't have my phone on me either as I had to leave in a rush ! Like I said to you before mark, I'll pay you when I am back home on the island, not a problem ( hopefully this week end) even though the rifle was nothing like you described, the barrel has corrosion / pitting in it, the moderator is not the same one as you described in the add ,rounds don't chamber from the mag properly, you never gave me the ready made loads you said I could have, nor the fire formed brass you said I could have, nor the load data ............. Actually why am I paying you mark ??? Most people wouldn't pay you after this experience TBH ! But we agreed a price and that's that although I am reluctant to pay you i will !!!

As for me getting a .17 rem mark..... Check the date of when I posted this trend fella!!

I'll be in touch

Steve.

1323281592[/url]' post='110503']

Been trying to ring you Steve ref the £150 you have promised to pay me for the new brass and bullet heads a dies I sent to you for the 204 I sold you.You seem not to be able to answer your phone when I ring you mate.You keep promising to pay me from around 2 months ago,and now you seem to be able afford a new gun purchase mate.Look forward to your replyMark.....

Mark, like i said, I am in Liverpool at the mo and haven't been home due to my personal reasons and am still of the island! I don't have my phone on me either as I had to leave in a rush ! Like I said to you before mark, I'll pay you when I am back home on the island, not a problem ( hopefully this week end) even though the rifle was nothing like you described, the barrel has corrosion / pitting in it, the moderator is not the same one as you described in the add ,rounds don't chamber from the mag properly, you never gave me the ready made loads you said I could have, nor the fire formed brass you said I could have, nor the load data ............. Actually why am I paying you mark ??? Most people wouldn't pay you after this experience TBH ! But we agreed a price and that's that although I am reluctant to pay you i will !!!

As for me getting a .17 rem mark..... Check the date of when I posted this trend fella!!

I'll be in touch

Steve.

With ref to the hand loads as I said to you when the gun was being sent that is not legal to send them without the relavent licensing,plus it not the done thing.With ref to the feeding problems ,as you know the bottom metal was fitted by a very respected gun builder on this forum and mark my words he would not have sent I a gun back to me with any of the problems you had brought to my attention.I passed the builders info on to you and asked you to contact him which as far as I can see you did not do.At no time did you ask for a refund if you where that unhappy with what you received The moderator sent was a t4 mod and I have pics to prove it.I held the gun for you /for 2months while you variation was going through with a£200 deposit.Had many other offers but held it for you as I am a man of my word as many on the forum will tell you.As I have said before mate you seem to have left everything behind,apart from being able to answer you emails promptly and not being able to write a cheque.You keep promising as per the pms I will send you in2 weeks and the cheque will arrive,but it well over 2months and it still is not in my letter box.You seem to have many problems with the Rifle,but seem to put pics up on many forums saying how pleased you are with it.

Steve I do not want to put it on open forum and if you have personnel problems I am sorry,but as far as money please send it and the matter will be closed .

With ref to the hand loads as I said to you when the gun was being sent that is not legal to send them without the relavent licensing,plus it not the done thing.With ref to the feeding problems ,as you know the bottom metal was fitted by a very respected gun builder on this forum and mark my words he would not have sent I a gun back to me with any of the problems you had brought to my attention.I passed the builders info on to you and asked you to contact him which as far as I can see you did not do.At no time did you ask for a refund if you where that unhappy with what you received The moderator sent was a t4 mod and I have pics to prove it.I held the gun for you /for 2months while you variation was going through with a£200 deposit.Had many other offers but held it for you as I am a man of my word as many on the forum will tell you.As I have said before mate you seem to have left everything behind,apart from being able to answer you emails promptly and not being able to write a cheque.You keep promising as per the pms I will send you in2 weeks and the cheque will arrive,but it well over 2months and it still is not in my letter box.You seem to have many problems with the Rifle,but seem to put pics up on many forums saying how pleased you are with it.

Steve I do not want to put it on open forum and if you have personnel problems I am sorry,but as far as money please send it and the matter will be closed .

And as I said I am not home and haven't been for some time now, when I had to leave the island urgently my cheque book was the last thing on my mind to bring with me. It's not like you I have had to leave the island and my home for this length of time, with only aback pack full of mine and my wife's stuff. If it was so easy to send the rifle back I would have. I would not have any confedence buying from you again and I certainly wouldn't recommend you to anyone as a good seller, what you say and what you get we're two totally different things, and since you have decided to push the boat out....... I think people should know before the deal with you.

I really haven't got the energy to TBH but like I have said weeks ago, I will pay you, but can only pay you when I am back home, and if that it in a few more weeks time then I'm sorry but that tuff shite, my wife is far more important at this moment in time.

I still want the brass you said I could have and the load data.

I'll be in touch when I return home.

Steve.

Archived