New 17HMR

Millwall Paul

I've just had my FEO round for the renewal of my FAC and he's allowed me to add a new rifle to my ticket. My dilema is now which one do I go for? I was looking at the CZ HMR's with a 16" barrel so that it makes it easier to use when lamping from the car. Is the shorter barell any better / worse than the longer barells? My budget is probably about £600 ish to cover the rifle mod and mounts - already have a scope to put on it. I know the CZ's get raved about a lot is there any other option I should consider in this sort of price range?

Thanks

Paul

I Paul you will not go far wrong with a cz with 16 barrel shoot very well but keep it clean as you would a centrefire notice you like africa i am gowing out there next month to shoot with huntershill safaris what do you think of it out there cheers chris

I Paul you will not go far wrong with a cz with 16 barrel shoot very well but keep it clean as you would a centrefire notice you like africa i am gowing out there next month to shoot with huntershill safaris what do you think of it out there cheers chris

Hi Chris

Africa is fantastic, I've been twice and would go many more times but unfortunately I met my wife and got married and have been told I have to settle down and be more mature now. I've spoken to the guys that run huntershill several times they seem like very good guys and I'm certain you'll have a great time, but will be left wanting to go back over and over again. I went to Umlilo safari's in the end just down the coast from where you'll be. A quick couple of pointers if you're taking your own rifle make sure you practice off of sticks as thats how most of your shots will be taken. I assume you'll be flying through Joberg, fill out your paperwork in advance and take triplicate colour copys of your passport and rifle licence otherwise SAPS may try and 'sting' you for copies. Take some small denomination Rand notes and keep a handfull in your pocket as the porters will try and rip you off for £20 a head for tips and a drink. 50 rand is more than enough - tell them thats all you have. Do not what ever you do get your wallet out. You will also I believe need to inform your airline you're traveling with sporting firearms a week in advance or they may turn you away and refuse you travel. There are loads of other bits to watch out for if you want you can call me and I'll tell you all I can. PM me for my number if you fancy a chat. What are your main targets animal wise?

Paul

Archived