What do you use for spotting.

i agree with the high quality bino's deffo. But my problem is alot of guys cant afford them simple. I have some barr and stroud 8x42's good enough glass. My father in law has some swaro's and they are incredible! if only one day..............lol

Use the the force...... The Night Force :blink: joking apart I had a look through some sightron Binns sold by Aim Fieldsports, every bit as good as my sworo sett with a life waranty lots cheaper and nice and light to.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest richness

What do you use for spotting varmints/ targets etc waaaayyyy out there? If weight is NOT an issue what would you recommend?

I've got a Kowa spotting scope with a fixed 27x wideangle lens (they give much better FOV and resolution for the money than the zoom ones) on a really good tripod. The tripod is key as you can lock it, then pass it over to your mate so he can see what you spotted. Saves loads of hassle. Also, it must pan and tilt smoothly so you can scan cleanly.

This set-up is one of the best things I've ever done for my long range vermin shooting

Richard

Guest richness

I've got a Kowa spotting scope with a fixed 27x wideangle lens (they give much better FOV and resolution for the money than the zoom ones) on a really good tripod. The tripod is key as you can lock it, then pass it over to your mate so he can see what you spotted. Saves loads of hassle. Also, it must pan and tilt smoothly so you can scan cleanly.

This set-up is one of the best things I've ever done for my long range vermin shooting

Richard

Obviously, binos too! I run Minox HG 8.5x52s, which are great

• 2 weeks later...

I use 8x42 geovids to find targets and a 30x75 swarovski draw scope to spot bullet strikes.I have only had the swarovski a couple of months but it seems A1.I just wonder whether i should of bought something with an angled eye piece.I can't wait to see the new swarovski rangefinder binos they should be first class if not a little bit pricey :blink:

ATB SEAN

Archived