Lee Collet die modification

TonyH

I like the Lee Collet Die, great value and works very well in conjunction with e.g. Redding bushing dies as a first step. Lee doesn't offer it in 20Tac, just 204Ruger. Has anyone modified a (say) .223 Collet Die by turning down the mandrel, or got Lee to do it as part of their Custom Service? (Costs $59.50 + airmail, makes it rather expensive)

Thanks, TonyH

Guest dasherman

I modded a .204 die to 20 tac ages ago. Think I shortened both the body and the collet part. Ask Jortac [or something like that!] on the BBS he's selling a 20 tac I put together as he had the dies from me.

I modded a .204 die to 20 tac ages ago. Think I shortened both the body and the collet part. Ask Jortac [or something like that!] on the BBS he's selling a 20 tac I put together as he had the dies from me.

Thanks Neil, but I was banned from the BBS for having the nerve to say some moderator/admin person was wrong, so cannot access it... I'll be seeing you very shortly but the only Lee Collet Die I have currently is in 22-250, wrong size to mod down to 20Tac, otherwise I'd bring it along. But if I can obtain a suitable (.223 maybe?) example sometime soon perhaps you would modify that for me similarly.

Regards, Tony

Archived