v-max

I use a .17 cleaning rod with .20 brushes and jags these are smaller thread sizes than those for .22 rods.

Therefore I would speculate the .22 rod will not work, howeveer I've not tried it.

Cheers

Dave

I use a .17 cleaning rod with .20 brushes and jags these are smaller thread sizes than those for .22 rods.

Therefore I would speculate the .22 rod will not work, howeveer I've not tried it.

Cheers

Dave

Hi yes i see the .17 had diffrent threads but am totally unsure as to my question on use of rod with 20cal brush/jag etc cheers for your response.

Barry

Ok thanks dave so it looks like it will be a .17 rod required then thanks once again.

Barry

Why not just tell your friend to get himself a .20 cal cleaning rod? It's a tiny expense compared with the rifle, and correct cleaning is important: I mean, ships and a ha'porth of tar spring to mind. ProShot rods like mine use #8-40 threads for jags & brushes, in sizes for .17 and .20. We're talking £30 - £40 for a good rod plus jag & brush(-es).

TonyH

• 3 months later...

I too use one of the ProShot 17/20 cal rods and a 20 cal brush and spear tipped jag. The 22 and larger calibres use a different thread and will not work in a 20 cal. I would highly recommend them. I always buy the best cleaning equipment i can afford as its such an important task.

Hi V-Max,

Your friend needs a .17 or .20 rod. Pro-Shot do an excellent range of products for the .20. If you have problems obtaining items locally I carry them in stock, my contact details are at www.alanwey.co.uk

Alan

Archived