rl19

gunnery

can anyone out there help with a load for .260 remy i want to try reloader 19 with 123grn scenars wonder how much powder to use in remy 260 brass thanks

need a bit more of your info but here is a quick look for you

R17 will give you better burn rate and less powder used

i am using R17 with 95 V max and 140 Bergers just got to chrono them for velocities

260load.jpg

260r17.jpg

snowz thanks for the reply am i right in thinking the quick load is showing 47.5 grns of reloader 19 what do you need to know as regards more info thanks

Yes 47.5 is mild 47.6 starts a max/hot load

barrel length,

H2o case capacity

i dont normally worry about them tho i just use QL to show me the safe Max load, even tho this is just a precaution i then work my own loads up until signs of pressure etc.

atb Richard

hi snowz barrel is 26"ultra match trueflight s/steel barnard action not sure what you mean by h2o capacity but i am using remy .260 brass with fed 210 match primers thanks

hi snowz barrel is 26"ultra match trueflight s/steel barnard action not sure what you mean by h2o capacity but i am using remy .260 brass with fed 210 match primers thanks

H20 case capacity is how much water does your case hold.

Prime a empty case and weight it, then fill it with water to the top and weigh it again, whatever the difference is thats the H20 case capacity.

with 26" tube gives an extra 54fps over the 24" tube in previous result

R1726intube.jpg

primed empty case is 165.7 filled with water 220.7 = 55 on powder scale 5-0-5 rcbs is this ok

yup thats what it shows on QL.

if you look in the left hand box on the bottom right it shows "maximum case capacity overflow"

atb Richard

ps what else have you been using with your 260? just got myself a 260ai so having a play with 95 v max and 140 bergers also got some 120 noslers, powder wise i'm trying Benchmark and R17 for 95 and R17 for the 120 and 140's

thanks for your help snowz i have tried 123grn scenars with 42grns vit 550 shoots well 5 shot cover it easy with 5 pence very happy with that load but some one said try reloader 19 tried 100grn nosler b/t with 39.5grns varget again good groups 100yrds my rifle is new still playing thanks

fire forming loads

260054.jpg

260058.jpg

then zeroing in with 95gr v max 5 shots first far right second center then clicked up and 3 in same hole

823dd54d.jpg

had the rifle about 3/4 weeks now just made up some 260ai rounds with the 95gr v max and R17 just need to test them over the weekend

Archived