A wee bit of foxing

Scotch_egg

So last night I vistited my mates Staffordshire Hill farm, just behind the Calton Moor tunnel range.

As luck would have it we were just in time for the fireworks at Alton Towers so we headed out with the kids at 7pm to keep them entertained.

However at 8.30pm we ended up taking the eldest kiddy little Sam aged 5 out for his first night out under the lamp for fox.

10 minutes in and we had charlie on the run, with an excited 5 year old chirping in my ear we were on. However when on the white light charlie was a runner, after switching to the red filter my little IOR 3-18x42 scope was shite. I had this problem last time and am really pissed with the low light quality of this scope. I shouted at my buddy to switch back to white light and charlie was on the trot. I should have never taken the shot but it was too late and i missed.

Second was not 300 yards down the road but certainly a different fox grubbing. This time it was me off the wing mirror that missed, I knew is was my fault. Back of my mind was little Sam in the back of the motor wating for his first Fox and their I was missing :blush:

We continued on our way with little Sam asking why we had to have the windows open cos it were too cold :lol:

The next shot came outside the neighbours chicken run. A very old fox that gave us the run around across the paddocks.

To say Sam was a happy lad would be an under statement :D He was the fox on the right, very black for a local fox :o

managed 2 more on the way back home.

The wee .20Tac works a treat

photo-1.jpg

Archived