Where can I find an Edgar Bros 20x sniper scope?

njc110381

Hey guys. I remember some time ago there was a topic on here about a good cheap scope for long range use. The EB Sniper range was mentioned and I'm now looking for one of the 20x zoom versions (or another fixed high mag scope that's good and cheap!) to go on my .300WM. I've tried Google etc but the Edgars website is being updated and I can't find a stockist. Does anyone know of a dealer with a website that I could order one from (and look at pictures)?

I've settled on the Win Mag now and gone off and ordered one without any input from the forum. I hope I've picked a good gun and not something that looks posh but doesn't shoot. They seem to have good reviews on American forums but they're a new model. Check this out.....

http://www.winchesterguns.com/prodinfo/cat...10&cat=001C

Also, how close can targets be when you're looking through a 20x mag scope? I don't want them to be unshootable at under 100 yards! I use my Bushnell on 15x all the time and the only down side I can find with it is the focus is more fussy depending on the target range? As I wont be shooting out past 600 yards often if ever, is 20x too much? Maybe I'd be better off with a 10x?

Also, how close can targets be when you're looking through a 20x mag scope? I don't want them to be unshootable at under 100 yards! I use my Bushnell on 15x all the time and the only down side I can find with it is the focus is more fussy depending on the target range? As I wont be shooting out past 600 yards often if ever, is 20x too much? Maybe I'd be better off with a 10x?

20 is to much for 100 yards 12x more than enough for that range, have you looked on fox firearms at their scopes they are meant to be the dogs ###### for scopes in that price rangej

I'll have a look. I'm trying to get a scope that can do both stalking at a push and 600 yard targets at the range. I don't really want a cheap variable because all the talk of them moving zero has put me off!

Thanks Tiff. I understand it would give up for the night a little earlier than a lower mag scope, especially something like your Nightforce! I'm really not sure I need that much mag. The trouble is if I go for a 10x instead it's likely to fall short of mag when I want to take a longer shot? I've scoped bunnies at 400 yards or so with my 8x56 S&B and they seem to be nearly lost behind the crosshairs. That can't be good? I don't have a lot of experience with nice scopes. My mates TRG has a Swarovski on it which would be ideal, trouble is it's about £1k over my budget! Add that to my S&B and that's all the quality I've ever used apart from my Bushnell Elite which falls a little short of the top makes.

Is it true that the S&B have quite thick reticules? Mines the old bog standard crosshair which does seem rather thick (great for low light but not so much for long range). Would the 10x EB have a thinner reticule? Maybe then 10x wouldn't be so hopeless for long range?

I really do wish I had more idea here! Sorry for all the simple questions! :D

Oops, my bank card slipped from my wallet again :D

Swillington shooting supplies are selling factory recon EB20x42s for £95. Just found it on a google search (searching edgar brothers didn't work but EB did?) and figured it's a bargain. Job sorted, now all I need to do is figure out the tube size so I can buy mounts!

love my EB 20x on my 300, she has dialed many deer, and foxes for RAY

for what I use it for to get the same spec I would have to hunt for an orig 16x or 20x mk4 but the 20x are like rocking horse sheeite

to get more moa I would have to go uso

give helston gunsmiths a call, tell them your a mate of mine and they will look after you

Oops, my bank card slipped from my wallet again ;)

Swillington shooting supplies are selling factory recon EB20x42s for £95. Just found it on a google search (searching edgar brothers didn't work but EB did?) and figured it's a bargain. Job sorted, now all I need to do is figure out the tube size so I can buy mounts!

Tube is 30mm on these, I have just sold one, decent optics but a bit of a one trick pony, best in good daylight but dials well enough.

Simon

Thanks for the replies. Silent, cheers for the info mate. I was hoping you may appear before I made the choice but with me being the way I am I just dived on in and bought it! At £95 I'm not going to lose much if I sell it on so I just bought it anyway!

I doubt I'll use the gun much at any time apart from in good light. When the light fades I'll be shooting inside 300 yards with the lamp so the 6.5 and 8x56 will do the job perfectly. To be honest I doubt I'll use it much at all, I just wanted a .300 and it's not hard to justify these things to the FEO if you feel the need ;)

It will be useful for longer range Deer in Scotland, and with a decent scope on it I can start to learn the basics of long range fruit bashing (brace yourselves, some of you guys are the best I know so I'll be asking a lot of questions)!

Well the scope arrived saturday morning. 2 days from order (in the evening) to delivery, can't complain at the service! It's nice and clear when I look at the hill over the valley from my house, I recon it will do the job fine. Now I just need some mounts.

Archived