how can you tell....

1967spud

i have a set of 30mm sako 75 rings with a 32x power nightforce sitting in them, there isnt enough room to get a front butler creek flip up cover on without butchering it which i have done , my question is are these rings low or medium?

if you need piccies it can be done

Are they optilock rings ?. If so you will need a set of medium to suit that scope. That would make the ones you have small (if they are optilock).

Ads

they are optilock mate and thanks , just to confirm with you small will fit but scope will be veryy close to rifle and medium are the way to go

depending on how close is 'really close' you can sand/dremel the inside of the caps on the bottom a bit. My 22 had a x50 scope on it and it was pretty tight. The cap I had was a cheapy, but some thinning around the bottom and it works its way on. You don't notice anything when the caps on as it is on the inside.

Thanks,

Rick

• 2 weeks later...

ive got a set of high 30mm optilocks and the objective lens is 56mm and i have around 5mm clearance from the barrel, so you must have a medium set , is the nf scope 50mm or 56mm objective.

liam

Archived