What bullet for .260 for an AI

RAW

Hi,

What 6.5 bullets do you recommend for your Accuracy Internationals, I think possibly Paddy Dane makes the rifle barrels for Sporting services, It is a heavy profile, no idea of twist. I have just ran the barrel in. By posting I am hoping to take the guess work out.

Look forward to hearing replys.

Richie

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2018 at 2:46 PM, RAW said:

Hi,

What 6.5 bullets do you recommend for your Accuracy Internationals, I think possibly Paddy Dane makes the rifle barrels for Sporting services, It is a heavy profile, no idea of twist. I have just ran the barrel in. By posting I am hoping to take the guess work out.

Look forward to hearing replys.

Richie

Maybe ask Graeme from sportingservices about the barrel. Got mine also from him. Could choose between Lothar Walther and Sassen Engineering.

Or find out the twist by yourself:

I haven’t chambered any barrels for Sporting Services for over 12 months but continue to do any required threading or one off specials on Bartlein blanks. All their 6.5 barrels are Walther now and will be 1/8 twist. 

• 4 months later...

A friend I shoot with uses the 139 Lapua scenar heads and has some damn good results out to 1000 metres can’t comment any further than that, he uses the same load from 300 metres all the way out to the 1000 mark with no perceived difference on the accuracy 

139g Scenar with 44.5g N560 works to 1000 and beyond...... usual load dev caveats.

Archived