Hello all

I’ve a question for the old and the bold amongst you.

In possession of a lee Enfield no4 mk2 with the mk1 sight 

looking to zero at 100 yards

with 200y set on the back sight aiming at the tip of a inverted triangle should the rounds land 3inches above? Is this the correct czp for that point of aim?

also what is the formula for working out the correct numbered fore sight to use to achieve this for example if the rifle is shooting six inches high at 100y with 200y set on the ladder?

going to be using ppu factory ball ammo at a maximum of 600y in the csr comp 

all help greatly appreciated.

Remi

Check out RifleChair on YouTube. Search his videos, he has a really good video on zeroing an Enfield and foresight selection.

You might find the attached image of a Home Guard instruction sheet of interest. If you wish to have a scanned copy, pm me and I’ll get one to you.

At 100yards with the sight at 200, poi should be about 3” above poa. That was assuming standard service Mk.7 ammo of course, but you’ll not be a million miles away from that with PPU for example.

I’d recommend an initial zero at 25yards though just to make sure you can really spot any error before going back any further.

E5795437-D70B-4992-B1BF-2C9AF565173F.jpeg

Smle  

thats excellent info

il have a study of riflechairs YouTube videos tonight.

Where did you find that zeroing handbook been searching for some of those manuals but don’t have the foggiest where to start looking.

making that zeroing chart for 25 yards seems simple enough and il start with that before I push back to 100y save me running up and down with my tape measure.

Thank you

Remi

Got my copy off eBay, about a fiver I think.

Some dealers in militaria have them I noticed recently, but can’t remember who - was searching for a bayonet for my No4.....! I know..... sad, but hey ho!

The following website has loads of good info and have uploaded scans of many of the pamphlets usedgy the HG during the war, a good read guaranteed!

http://www.staffshomeguard.co.uk/J0GeneralInformaton.htm

I’m happy to scan mine and get it to you tomorrow if you like

SMLE

A very interesting collection of books I love the diagrams with the handwritten notes in pencil where some studies nco was plotting how best to ply his trade.

Im indebted to you enough now for one day il pick up one of those manuals on my own steam and from a man with a akm and sa80 bayonet on his wall I find it the contrary.

Sincere thank you for all the help

Remi

Archived