Magpul BEV Block

Nfarmer

These appear to be good and useful, quote below:

The BEV Block (Barrel Extension Vise) is an all-in-one, compact vise block tool for AR15/M4 assembly operations of barrel nuts, flash hiders, etc.

Anyone here used one, is it worth the money?

Norman

• 2 months later...

You may want to look at the price of the Geislle reaction rod , its a far better way to torque the barrel nut on , with out putting any stress on the alloy upper , I picked one up from Brownells for $99 usd , very nice piece of kit ,

You may want to look at the price of the Geislle reaction rod , its a far better way to torque the barrel nut on , with out putting any stress on the alloy upper , I picked one up from Brownells for $99 usd , very nice piece of kit ,

I'm not so sure.

I have a Geissele Reaction Rod and have experienced sheared and misaligned index pins with it.

Several others have too, and I was among the first to point it out to Bill Geissele on ARFCOM who didn't believe me until others chimed in with the same issue.

He subsequently released the v2 model which takes support from the receiver, but mine still sits unused in a drawer.

They are fine for quick flash hider/brake alignments, but not for torquing barrel nuts on.

You are far better off with the original receiver vice......unless you have some odd thick walled creation

p_702003015_2.jpg

The BEV block has one major drawback as far as I can see.....in some cases you can't use it correctly with a .22 rimfire AR

Archived