15x Drone

matchking

Any one using one? Any better than the 10x?

Cheers Sean

Hi Sean

The 15 times does not let you see further that is down to the IR, the standard IR allows good vision up to 250 yards and you can push this out to 300+ with a big T67 IR. I would say the 15 Times would benefit you if all your shooting is long range using a big IR.

For normal fox work in our area I find the 10 times Drone more than sufficient. Tend to use thermal scope over the Drones these days however my D-760 remains my firm favorite.

Regards

Mike..

Thanks Mike, I have the 10x which i leave on .300wsm for boar, I have just sold my PVS and i am going to buy another Drone, I was just wondering if the 15x was worth the extra £200. Think i will stick to what i know and get another 10x.

Regards Sean

I use the 10x and find the FOV a bit tight when they come in close. Would be concerned that this would become a big problem for the 15x whilst doing normal foxing between 50 and 150 yards

Got one the other Day, to compliment my X 10 Drone, the 15 x Drone comes with a better Torch which has the Oslon SFH4715AS led in it however it's still not as good as a Sunnranger IR not noticed too much difference with the field of view and was easily able to dispatch a Rabbit @ 250yard with a head shot. is it worth the extra over the 10 IMHO yes. it is a bit bigger than the x 10 also heavier but once mounted i did not notice

Kevgun

Archived