accu shot monopods?

Anyone tried one of these? They look like they would be great if you had a few seconds to set it right. Worth the money or just a gimmick?

mono pod?

Craigyboy,

They are good but for the same sort of result you can use a Dog-gone-good Holland Field Bag ( click on the link and then click on the left picture to get a better view )Shootingbags.

I know Martyn also has one and I think he also likes it.

I will 2nd, 3rd or whatever, had one and sold it, nice but just too slow

Have used both, the accushot is much too slow and I have sold it. The Holland field bag is excellent, very quick to use, extremely stable and cheaper.

Nick.

Gary being the good bloke that he is also got me a larger Holland rear bag made which suits me great as i found the standard a little too short at times.If memory serves me right im sure he said he could get more made in the size i have got.

Here is a pic of the standard and my large one.

DSCN0194.jpg

I have had one for a couple of years. I use it with a Harris 12.27 swivel on the front, to level the job up with this tall bipod you have to use the longest Accupod which is a special order.

The upside is that mated to an accurate rifle if gives a very steady sight picture that providing you have measured and sorted the wind etc will give a very high kill probabilty on crows, rabbits etc at almost any sporting range.

There are downsides, it is a 6PPC says very slow to use but usually you do have time to adjust it in a varminting situation. You can run out of thread when shooting downhill from a flat platform, therefore you have to find something to sit under the foot of the accupod. It adds weight (4 or 5 ozs or so) but on a varmint type rifle it is not to bad and helps counter the weight of the moddy on the other end. It also tends to be a bit loose on the rear stud when folded and not in use. The sling fits onto it.

Not having tried one I suspect that the bag system would be more versitile. Looking at the other comments I would try that way first if I were you. If you want to have a look and a play with mine I am in the east midlands. I know what results 6PPc gets with his bag, it is as good as mine with a Accupod or maybe better. Mind you he is a pretty good shot unlike your scribe.

A

Archived