Strelok and Temps

Is it just me or does does this not make sense?

I have just doped my rifle for the second time after my rifles trajectary had a significant shift for and unknown reason. I have been going through the app to see what went wrong noticed this:

All settings are the same for both pictures the only thing that has changed is the temp (one set 10 and the other 100) If you look the colder temp has a flatter trajectory than the warmer. Im in experience this is the wrong way round. Am i missing something?

post-14013-0-92482000-1456928646_thumb.jpg

post-14013-0-49245200-1456928654_thumb.jpg

Cartridge details different. One is set at 100 and lower is set at 10 not sure what figure relates to as don't use at relics though.

Yeh the 10 and 100 you see are the temp settings! Should they not be reversed?

Cartridge details different. One is set at 100 and lower is set at 10 not sure what figure relates to as don't use at relics though.

Well spotted, that's the temperature at which the velocity was measured, the actual temperature you are shooting at is set the same in both, 58F.

Well spotted, that's the temperature at which the velocity was measured, the actual temperature you are shooting at is set the same in both, 58F.

Then what is the zero temp for? That's 37 on both as it stands

Ok just tried leaving the cartridge temp the same (10 and 100 before to show the ballistics change) and altering the zero temp and I'm still getting exactly the same results! Still going the wrong direction!

Ok, temperature occurs in 3 places in Strelok (I am using the + version),

Weather, the current shooting condition.

Zeroing Weather, the weather you zeroed in, this is used to set the drop at your zero range, hence the sight settings.

Cartridge details, here it is the temperature at which the velocity is what you entered, here you enter the velocity change rate with temperature.

If you change the current temperature, and have zeroing weather enabled, you should see that the impact height at your zero range is not zero.

Hope that helps.

Gareth

Ok, temperature occurs in 3 places in Strelok (I am using the + version),

Weather, the current shooting condition.

Zeroing Weather, the weather you zeroed in, this is used to set the drop at your zero range, hence the sight settings.

Cartridge details, here it is the temperature at which the velocity is what you entered, here you enter the velocity change rate with temperature.

If you change the current temperature, and have zeroing weather enabled, you should see that the impact height at your zero range is not zero.

Hope that helps.

Gareth

That makes sense! I'll give it a shot!

Cheers Gareth

Archived