best group ,well almost

foxshot

dscf0063dc6.jpg

this is now my best group so far with the ackley,when i fired the second shot i couldnt see where it went so i walked down and i was suprised to fined it virtualy went in the same hole,the third slightly increased the hole as did the fourth by now i got a little bit to excited and fluffed the last shot,normaly i shot five shot groups in les than three or four mins but this time i took about fifteen mins so i think this improved things more,all shots taken prone, but yet i missed a fox at about 200 yds a few days later :) boy was i pissed off one question for you lads is what is the correct way to measure a group size as i have heard different methods

This is one of my best 5 shot groups fired with my Sako Varminter .243 , bullets used were 68gr Bergers kindly sent to me by `BALDI`and shot at 100 yards out of my car window.

The rifle was sighted into centre with 75gr V.Max. at that time but I have reset it into centre now with the 68gr Bergers and won our recent Stalkers shoot with it scoring 119/120.

I dropped a point on the `standing` at 40 yards, puffy wind and senile decay, what can you expect at nearly 75 ?

HWH.

P1010254-2.jpg

Hi DD.

That group was shot with 68gr Berger, 40.5gr Vit. N140 , Federal GM210M Match primer loaded into R.P. brass.

Using the 75gr V.Max. instead the group sizes are similar but 1.5 inches to the left of the Berger groups.

The same loading also works well with the 75gr Speer HP bullet.

HWH.

Archived