AI 308, Sako Quad & TET Unimount - Very reluctant sale

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Paul,

In theory, the ranges are open seven days a week. BUT, the main shooting days are weekends. There are properly organised comps every weekend - see our calendar - www.diggleranges.com

During the week, the ranges are sometimes hired to various commercial organisations so you can't just rock up and expect to plink at 1000 yards - but, it is possible.

First, you need to become a member, find out how things work.

With a membership of over 300 and 10 different disciplines on offer, competitions are the way we organise shooting and range time. In other words, look at the calendar and you know exactly what's happening on that particular day, how many rounds you will need and what distance you will shoot.

Our comps are good fun and we always have shooters at all levels taking part. We currently have about 20 probationers and we encourage them to shoot in comps before they get 'frightened' so, there are always beginners on the point. You learn so much shooting in comps - everyone has to start somewhere.

Hi there,

Thank you for responding to my question.

I have been looking at the Diggle calendar and as I only have a .223, which I has only been shot at 100 yards, it appears the next available date for me to get across with my rifle to join in (except for the underlever event) is on June 14th, I shall make sure I get over for that. What time do these start?

Who do I need to see when I get there and should I bring anything with me, apart from my licence and can I just pay for the day to shoot as a guest, or do I need to undertake a proficiency test, first?

Sorry for all the questions, but if you want to respond outside of the forum (or let me know who I can contact), you can always email me at: ppendleton@Hotmail.co.uk

Cheers. Paul

Archived