Seriously cratered primers

dorg

Duly noted Simon but Grant has stated that he has done all the load work up for this build if Grant came over no problems with this gun and ammo .

It can only be Driver error . Poor brass prep or over all finish . just because some has all the top gear it does not follow that it is been put to the correct use .

since you will not post any load details we can only come to the conclusion that it is something you are doing that is the problem ,

Grant has already stated he saw no problems .

you need to be clear in the post , there are mixed messages from you

Having discussed this with people who know what they are on about the problem is either a weak firing spring or an over sized firing pin pin hole in the bolt.The bolt will be on its way back to the makers today.

This is exactly what I'd done beforehand trying to get my head around it and went down to Neil's with my .20Prac fully expecting him to confirm that and re-bush the bolt's firing pin hole - I'm (we're) pleased to say it didn't come to that.

On checking the headspacing of my Lee shellholder sized brass by inserting shim behind fired and non-loaded cases against new Lapua unsized brass we sussed it was a case prep problem.....which boiled down to a Lee with a sloppy deck height. I did find a forum somewhere with a thread on the accuracy of different makers shellholders....... and it wasn't just Lee that were in the frame either.

Hope it's that.... sometimes it's the simplest of things.

Cheers

Fizz

:ph34r:

Just to add a conclusion to this the action manufacturer has confirmed my supicions, its a lose firing pin issuse and he is now going to make a larger diameter firing pin. Hopefully in time for Diggle see you all there.

Archived