100yard zero with 40moa rail?

Ro6.5

Probably not with scope having only 65 moa total range? Dependant on your reticule you could use a line or dot above the centre of the reticule to acheive a zero point for 100 yards at a given magnification then revert back to centre of reticule for further out.

You may be ok for a 200 yard zero?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I have no real experience of such a set up so only my thoughts I,m afraid,,,Onehole

Hi there. Will I achieve a 100 yard zero with a 40moa rail on my 6-284? With a nightforce 8-32 on top?

Do you want a 100 zero-sounds like a long range set up,with a 40 moa rail-

As Onehole suggests,depending on which reticule you have,zero using a non central mark-my scopes,inc NF-are typically centre cross hair zeroed at 500 yards,and other distances checked on the various vertical reticule markings-like mil dots,eg.You are much more restricted if you have the 'popular' dot only-usually too,20 moa rail is enough-with the 8-32 NF -to easily reach 1000y.

Gbal

I ran my 8-32 NXS on a 30 MOA rail and couldn't get a 100 yard zero so I'm pretty confident in saying that you are unlikely to get one with a 40 MOA... However there are always variances so you might get away with a 30.

I've a 40moa on my 300rum (its a long long range set up) and i can just get zeroed at 100m with a 5.5-22x56 nxs but i find a 300m zero more use.

Thanks guys. Confirmed my suspicions! I have chance of a larue tactical mount but it has 20moa built in and already have 20moa on the rail! Just wondered if I could get away with out changing the rail. A 200 yard zero would be fine.

Archived