4x4 or other transport?

Guest varmartin

Guest varmartin

I know this topic was covered on the other site , but with quite a few new members here and around the world, I thought i would share a picture of my latest toy.

A 92 Nissan Patrol 2.8 TD. Had it about 2 weeks and purchased for £820. had a few things to get sorted but she all go now.

Gave it a full service and a few leaf spring bushes and a 2nd hand Radiator off Ebay for £17 and it now

Gets me and Varminter around the farms and the other boys to if need be. Also makes a very stable bench off the roof ;)

Martin

dscf1294hu4.jpg

"Gets me and varminter round" That makes a change after hauling your ass round most of the time!!!! ;) ;) :P :P

Nice one buddy - see ya soon :D :D

All the best..........

RAY................ :D:o

Guest varmartin

The number plate make over was for Varminters benifit, but he didnt spot it. I think he has spanked himself blind , the poor sod. :lol: :lol:

Martin

Hi Martin

I Had a Pick up version of the Nissan Patrol, I think it was a Aussie import, real tough machine just a shame they stopped doing the 4.2 diesel version. :lol:

I am sure it will be just great for the job, one advantage of the 6 cylinder engine is less vibration when you are taking a shot off the wing mirror.

B-b

Guest varmartin

That's the main reason I bought it, cos the straight six is a peach, absolutely loads of load down grunt and smooth as silk at idle.

From the miles i have covered so far its not to bad on diesel either. I may even think about running it on veg oil too :lol: .

Martin

Guest Smeagle

I have put up the odd piccy of mine, I use the Nissan Patrol tray top 4.2 Diesel job and found it to be the best for our usage.

Disco 300TDi (tired) but reliable and yet to get stuck :lol:

I know this topic was covered on the other site , but with quite a few new members here and around the world, I thought i would share a picture of my latest toy.

A 92 Nissan Patrol 2.8 TD. Had it about 2 weeks and purchased for £820. had a few things to get sorted but she all go now.

Gave it a full service and a few leaf spring bushes and a 2nd hand Radiator off Ebay for £17 and it now

Gets me and Varminter around the farms and the other boys to if need be. Also makes a very stable bench off the roof :)

Martin

dscf1294hu4.jpg

toyota hilux crew cab good for everyone else

Gets me and Varminter around the farms and the other boys to if need be. Also makes a very stable bench off the roof :lol:

Martin

dscf1294hu4.jpg

Gets me and Varminter around the farms and the other boys to if need be. Also makes a very stable bench off the roof :lol:

Martin

dscf1294hu4.jpg

hey varmartin

was it aa inspected ??

dscf0001lc5.jpg well this is my vehicle not the best 4x4 but it gets me about plus plenty boot space and gets the family about

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 308Panther

Bike.jpg

1979 Harley Davidson Electra Glide Classic FLH 80

Load the tour pack up w/goose decoy shells,bungee( CASED) Benelli Super Black Eagle to rear seat handrails

and went goose huntin..Saddle bags held cammo and dead bodies...

Also used to run it 4 hrs drive to Aunt's place in upper Wisconsin and grouse hunt.

Havent tried it for deer yet...

308Panther

hey guys

i am currenlty driving a Jeep Wrangler aka (the Barbie Wagon) as my mates call it but it is not a bad little thing.gets me from a to b and have a lot of space to get my shooting equipment in and th dog.never been stuck either with the right tiers on.BF all terrains of course :lol: .sorry do not have picture at the moment.

regards

Bike.jpg

1979 Harley Davidson Electra Glide Classic FLH 80

Load the tour pack up w/goose decoy shells,bungee( CASED) Benelli Super Black Eagle to rear seat handrails

and went goose huntin..Saddle bags held cammo and dead bodies...

Also used to run it 4 hrs drive to Aunt's place in upper Wisconsin and grouse hunt.

Havent tried it for deer yet...

308Panther

Thats one nice machine you got there panther

Guest 308Panther

"Thats one nice machine you got there panther."

Thanks FS...

Picked it up in 2001 w/ 23,000 on it(Garage Queen)

Stored it one year up at my folks ...didnt run it that year..

Now has 53,000... I dont sit still much....

Been to 5 or 6 differant states on it...

Had it at the 100th Aniversary.

No Club stuff...Pure Lone Wolf

308Panther

Archived