good scope

batleyhunter

Got a weaver on rimfire optically very good sharp and bright I have 3x9x50 had it on the 223 for a while a liked very much good under the lamp and for the last half hour on an evening performed well no nonsense scope point and shoot another scope I liked that might suit your needs was a bushnell elite 4200 6x24x40 ao for the money it was a great scope very bright despite been a 40 mm objective

Hi BH

I use a Bushnell 6500 4.5-30 x 50 with Target Turrets (Mildot Reticle) on my .243 (http://ukvarminting.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14560&st=60 - my set up, midway down the page) and love it. It's rock solid and would expect it to make 600yrds no problem.

Cheers,

Rich

I recently bought a Vortex PST 6-24 x 50 with 2nd FP and it is a very good scope indeed, but literally, the day after I bought mine, the price went up by nearly 40%, so now firmly in MK4 territory. I think, on a budget the 6500 is a true bargain of a scope, I have the 2.5-16 x 50 and will get a 6.5-32 when one appears.

For me, 6500, then MK4 then March would be my choice on budget. Nightforce have always confused me as to how they can cost so much for what they are. I have had one 8-32 and compared to my then Swaro 6-24, the optics were awful(for a £1300 scope). If you do like Nightforce, check out the Clearidge range in the US, about 40% of the cost, but only go up to 25 mag unfortunately.

Archived