Conquest/Duralyt??

rooster

• 2 weeks later...

I am after a reasonably priced variable for stalking and have used a pals Duralyt and was not that impressed, is the Conquest basically the same scope with more ret and mag choices?

cheers

Hi Rooster,

I have the Conquest 3-9x50 on a .22-250, it's a great scope never had the Duralyt so can't compare, also have Docter and Leupold scopes, but the Conquest is the best out of them all, for me anyway.

ATB

Bobbo.

Thanks for the replies, the Conquest has a good selection of reticles and the plex looks pretty good. read a review on opticsTalk forum where the writer rated the Conquest, Meopro and Minox about equal in 3/9x40. The Meopro can be had for about £400 quid here so that maybe worth a look too.

I would go Ziess, if you dont like the new scopes try and find a used German built Dia-vari C 3x9x36. That is a remarkable scope with optics that better my bigger Swaro. Expect to pay around £500 but they are like gold dust as nobody sells them. On the Conquest - Duralit choice, Duralit is supported warranty wise by Ziess GB, Conquest is not. That makes the choice a no brainer in my book.

A

Thanks for the replies, the Conquest has a good selection of reticles and the plex looks pretty good. read a review on opticsTalk forum where the writer rated the Conquest, Meopro and Minox about equal in 3/9x40. The Meopro can be had for about £400 quid here so that maybe worth a look too.

As far as I've heard Ziess, Meopta & Minox all use the same glass. Schott glass.

Bobbo.

I would go Ziess, if you dont like the new scopes try and find a used German built Dia-vari C 3x9x36. That is a remarkable scope with optics that better my bigger Swaro. Expect to pay around £500 but they are like gold dust as nobody sells them. On the Conquest - Duralit choice, Duralit is supported warranty wise by Ziess GB, Conquest is not. That makes the choice a no brainer in my book.

A

my mates conquest was playing up. he phoned zeiss they said send it to us. he sent it to them they sent it back to usa. then back to him. fixed under warranty no problems at all

Archived