Does anyone have one of the new s+b 5-25 x 56 pm11,s yet?

The alpine is going to market today, as i,m fed up with it, and i need a good scope for the .308 tactical i,m building. I was going to buy one of these , when i bought the nxs 12-42 x 56, which is sat on the alpine at the mo. I should have bought the schmidt then, because the nxs is piss poor , optically.

Anyone used one?

Hi baldie just read your post,I agree with your comment on NXS up to a point but I think most scopes even the high end ones start to loose it after 20 mag and only the likes of S @ B etc can hold on to clarity for a bit longer when cranking up the power ring.Only fixed mag scopes at higher mag seem to provide a better image as they have less internals to get in the way of light transmission{ I think?]Mentioned on an old post that if the NXS had german glass or the like then we would have perfection?For me I,m sticking to the NXS[5.5x22dd] but may be looking at the 72 obj Zeiss in near future as may ageing eyes are beginning to need all the help I can get!!Regard your Alpine I had one and got fed up too!!!pure range gun and thats all, good kit though.Cheers onehole.

The chaps just been for the alpine, he,s actually one of my shooting buddies, and he needed a long range target rifle, and they dont come much better .I was fed up of the hernia, everytime i carried it up the diggle hills, and basically the gun was soulless, very much like a german car, pure performance, but boring.

The nxs, i bought it, to cope with a 1000 yards shooting, but found it virtually impossible to use at 42 power, and found myself [and others too] winding it down to 32 power to be able to use it. Eye relief at full mag, is absolutely critical, and the image is poor. However, it wont be wasted, its going on my 6mmbr, which is now my mcQueens gun, where it will be shot at 200/300 yards, and not wound up above 16 power, and at these settings, the image is very good

To be frank, i dont believe my eyesight is what is was, and i do need to get them tested, but now, i have to pay for the best lenses available today, so it has to be a schmidt.

If the trade discount is owt like we get with nightforce, there,s nowt to be jealous about buddy, its a pittance, and no wonder that shops wont stock them, the profit margin is a joke.

Whats owt and nowt with the NXS 12-42 is the question. Dave, what have you found the problems with optically, that I haven't? Mine is/was sound as a pound, ended up giving mine to a fello employee to shoot F-class which he has done well with.

JR

First post on here so hello everybody.

A friend of mine just bought one.http://ukvarminting.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/mellow.gif

http://ukvarminting.com/forums/style_emoti...ault/mellow.gif We checked it out reading bus signs and couldn't fault it. Verified the parallax settings using my Leica and they were spot on as expected. One thing though, make sure you view the reticle options and choose the appropriate one for your use. The fine mildot seems good. Looking through another pm2 it had the circular one with increment lines, not sure what its called, it is very fine and I think poor on low mag, ok when you wind it up but that defeats the bottom end then.

I would have liked the pm2 4-16 with fine mildot, but just bought a secondhand burris at a fraction of the cost. I know it is not in the same league but still adequate for my needs and has covered target turrets for stalking.

Paul

A friend of mine just bought one. :lol: We checked it out reading bus signs and couldn't fault it. Verified the parallax settings using my Leica and they were spot on as expected. One thing though, make sure you view the reticle options and choose the appropriate one for your use. The fine mildot seems good. Looking through another pm2 it had the circular one with increment lines, not sure what its called, it is very fine and I think poor on low mag, ok when you wind it up but that defeats the bottom end then.

I would have liked the pm2 4-16 with fine mildot, but just bought a secondhand burris at a fraction of the cost. I know it is not in the same league but still adequate for my needs and has covered target turrets for stalking.

Paul

Archived