what is a good thermal to go for?

longbow3

I am looking into a mid range thermal scope for a Belgian friend

He is looking for a thermal spotter that is better than the Pulsar 38 & 50 and all that lower end kit like FLIR and Guide

but not the high end kit that only grouse keepers and SNH employees can afford

possibly a top end guide? or something that retails around the £4000 - £10,000

can anyone help with some first hand experience?

Ray

I am looking into a mid range thermal scope for a Belgian friendHe is looking for a thermal spotter that is better than the Pulsar 38 & 50 and all that lower end kit like FLIR and Guidebut not the high end kit that only grouse keepers and SNH employees can affordpossibly a top end guide? or something that retails around the £4000 - £10,000can anyone help with some first hand experience?Ray

What's it going to be used for?

good questionspotting foxes mostly before shooting with night visionI know all about the pulsars I have one myself and they are sufficient for mebut this guy likes to have the best kit available

Don't we all! he could spend 20k+ on a thermal but I bet he wouldn't spot/ shoot any more foxes than with a Pulsar or a Guide!!

I am looking into a mid range thermal scope for a Belgian friend

He is looking for a thermal spotter that is better than the Pulsar 38 & 50 and all that lower end kit like FLIR and Guide

but not the high end kit that only grouse keepers and SNH employees can afford

possibly a top end guide? or something that retails around the £4000 - £10,000

can anyone help with some first hand experience?

Ray

Hi Ray,

This is what I use:

http://www.nightvisionstore.co.uk/tws-3075-640x480-thermal-imaging-rifle-scope-c2x14702333

With this he'll spot and indeed 100% ID foxes at silly distances.

A little over your mentioned budget, but the performance is absolutely outstanding, plus it has the added benefit of being used as a rifle scope if he's allowed by local laws. When it's on a rifle you do shoot more foxes without question and are able to take shots that would be impossible using traditional NV or even under a lamp.

Cheers

Clive

Archived