Advice on a new .222

Guest Stacka

Cheers lads, I'm going to cook the wife dinner tonight, do the washing up, make her multiple orgasm promise her a baby and a puppy.....then ask for a Swarovski lol

I hope you don't end up with a little glass animal,Swarovski have a feminine side too.

Gbal

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Stacka

My rifle tonight failed to fire. I pulled the trigger, heard a click but failed to actually fire the round.

When I ejected the round it had been soft struck.

Any ideas guys? Is it the bolt or the ammo

The hawke scope are good for the money or if you want to go higher look at meopta or sightron. I have a Millet Lrs and that is great for the money but a bit of a bugger to mount as its a 35mm tube so getting rings can be hard but third eye tactical do them.

Hope that helps a bit.

Ben.

Guest Stacka

It's my wedding anniversary and seeing as iv only seen her for 6 weeks out of a year since we've been married I thought I'd better turn up lol.

I'll look online. I really can't be doing with a soft strike again

Stacka,

you could try a good soak in a de-greaser and a blast with wd , if the existing oil has gunked up it should clear it out. It may not be the problem but its a start. I know only too well the problems with a high viscosity oil being used in the bolt in freezing conditions after miss fire,s whilst the cross hair's were on a nice white fallow.

Its not a major job to strip the bolt, just need a little strength to assemble, can be awkward more than technical.

Guest Stacka

It was right on a fox, just plodding right into me, the big old dog heard the click and me funking to load another round and bolted.

I'm going to try and give it a good clean today. Maybe get some degreaser. It wasn't cold at all last night. I shot a rabbit after to see if it was still working and the next round fired fine.

Guest Stacka

third eye tactical do the rails and mounts good kit too.you don't get any mounting screws for the rail but get in touch with baldie or syss for them

Who has the screws for this?

Just got a cz527 american in 222, second hand £350,only 200 round count.

Never had a cz centre fire before, not as slick as tikka, but Can't believe how well it shoots.

Got a 40g load working in very little time.First group,was 1/2"@100y.

excellent cal, excellent rifle for what it cost.

Bugger all wrong with CZ mate, I own two, one in .22 and other 22-250, got it second hand less than 100homeloads through it and it shoots quarter inch at hundred. All for 350quid!

If it's not that smooth can I recommend using some frog lube on it, works really well on mine. It's really smooth now.

All the best

CZV

Archived