Hi i have used it twice and have around 120 rounds through it if the baffles are stiff to undo i put a llitle grease on them

Thanks I will check every couple of weeks once iv run barrel in and sorted my reloads out.

I have had one on My 6.5 CM for a couple of years and it has been superb very quiet and light, It has had alot of use and shows no sign of wear.

I use a silicon spray on the threads and baffle sections when assembled and it comes apart easy, very underated moderator IMHO.

I do put mine in a ultrasonic cleaner every 100+ rounds and always dry it after use, maybe its over kill but I have had Moderators for years and have had no problems with them, maybe just a little care is all that is needed for a long life the sonic 45 has the stainless inserts which helps with gas cutting but will probably wear eventually, I think its the last baffle thats only showing the affect of gas cutting and thats only a heat discolouring affect, so I swap the baffles around periodically.

I have had one on My 6.5 CM for a couple of years and it has been superb very quiet and light, It has had alot of use and shows no sign of wear.

I use a silicon spray on the threads and baffle sections when assembled and it comes apart easy, very underated moderator IMHO.

Is silicone not very bad for metal to metal?

If so thanks for bringing it to my attention, Metal to Metal the threads are anodised as are all the baffle sections and it has helped with carbon depositing itself also but will stop using it if there is proof of a problem.

Has had no ill affect for 2 years and alot of firing with max loads. I use the light silicon spray that is used as a release agent for moldings and used by model makers.

If so thanks for bringing it to my attention, Metal to Metal the threads are anodised as are all the baffle sections and it has helped with carbon depositing itself also but will stop using it if there is proof of a problem.

Has had no ill affect for 2 years and alot of firing with max loads. I use the light silicon spray that is used as a release agent for moldings and used by model makers.

I remember when it came out, lot of talk about it. Never seen the damage personally but I think it increases the wear process or something- metal to metal only?

Archived