What dies?

PhilM

So I’ve had this set of Lee dies for about 10 years now, and went to use it today to FL size some cases in preparation for some load development I have to do soon.

Anyway, the decap rod kept pulling down as I withdrew the case, so more lube and tighten the collet at the top a bit more, rinse and repeat, until I was tightening it and it didn’t want to go tighter anymore! 

Not entirely sure why it wasn’t retaining the decap/expander pin even at silly torques, but time for a new set of dies anyway! 

Can anyone recommend me a straight forward die, or set of dies for reloading 223 for an AR15. I’ll be full length sizing only. 

I’ve experience with Lee and Whidden, but I don’t fancy the cost/wait for Whidden dies for the 223, given it’s for CSR comps I suspect the Lee ones would have done just fine, but if there’s something nicer for not much more money, I’m in!

Thanks!

IMG_4213.jpeg

Before you go down the new die route, give the whole thing a good degunge with brake cleaner, then either roughen the contact surface or try thread lock and reassemble, worth a try anyway

Thanks mate, but I sheared the top of the die off where it pinches against the decap pin!

I’ve done a bit of reading and have ended up with a Forster full length sizing die, looks like it’ll do the trick!