LED rechargeable lamp advice needed

G'day guys

Justin here, from Australia. Seeking some advice from the Brit cousins ;)

I'm looking to purchase another spotlight for fox shooting down this way and have read quite a bit of info here on the various new generation of torches, etc (I own a NM800 IR for NV shooting) but not so much on the pistol-grip type spotlights (such as the LF 140/170 range).

I've used the Lightforce 170 with HID element and now I'd like something similar in size, or perhaps smaller, traditional pistol grip design, preferably with a more aspherical lens assembly (not a deal breaker) based on LED tech and utilising built-in Lithium rechargeables. In short, a small, cordless pistol grip type LED lamp Would like as much throw as possible, with minimum leakage, preferably to be able to identify targets at 250-300m

Have looked at the Deben stingray, as I could put a grip on that utilising the built in rail on the bottom but there's not a lot of info on these lights.

Willing to spend on the right option. Buy once, cry once, etc.

Maybe a tall order but thought I'd ask?

Opinions/advice appreciated.

G'day guys

Justin here, from Australia. Seeking some advice from the Brit cousins ;)

I'm looking to purchase another spotlight for fox shooting down this way and have read quite a bit of info here on the various new generation of torches, etc (I own a NM800 IR for NV shooting) but not so much on the pistol-grip type spotlights (such as the LF 140/170 range).

I've used the Lightforce 170 with HID element and now I'd like something similar in size, or perhaps smaller, traditional pistol grip design, preferably with a more aspherical lens assembly (not a deal breaker) based on LED tech and utilising built-in Lithium rechargeables. In short, a small, cordless pistol grip type LED lamp Would like as much throw as possible, with minimum leakage, preferably to be able to identify targets at 250-300m

Have looked at the Deben stingray, as I could put a grip on that utilising the built in rail on the bottom but there's not a lot of info on these lights.

Willing to spend on the right option. Buy once, cry once, etc.

Maybe a tall order but thought I'd ask?

Opinions/advice appreciated.

No one makes such a thing, I have been talking to many of the manufactures to try and get such a lamp made but I'm not doing too well. We will be making a prototype this year then try to get it manufactured. I already use a 66mm lensed torch I made myself for lamping, easily spots Fox eye shine past 400 yards and runs on 2 18650 batteries that last all night.

Archived