Savage 12 LRVP

Ive had one now for 3 years, in 6mmBR, superb rifle, shoots like a lazer right out to 1000.

mines right bolt ,left port.

only down side is the weight , but for long range , supported shooting hard to beat at the price.

Sounds good, the one im looking at is right bolt left port, i have heard they are pretty heavy, but it will just be off a bipod/bag and vehicle rifle so thats no issue. I did read that build quality was an issue? Or is that not true? Cheers.

The barrel finish is as good as anything currently for sale!

the stock is HS Precision nuff said!

the bolt's a floating head type, and locks up fine, triggers ok, can be set very very light,

but ive found with mine that if you run dead light it will lock up.

The action on mine is nicely finished and fitted with a 0MOA TET picatinny rail,

cant speak for other calibre's but 6mm br , does the job!

it has regularly out shot top quality rifles either side of me, AW's ,Alpines and such,

Only down side, i recently put mine up for sale, (new rifle on order) and got no interest at all ! so resale value may be an issue for you.

Ps ive a set of as new Nightforce 20MOA picatinny/weaver bas'es with fixings if you get one and need scope mounts, i only changed to the TET coz i run one scope on several rifles.

Thanks for the informative reply, i appreciate it, .204 ruger is what im looking at, was looking for a vssf 11 remmy in .204, but since remmington changed uk distributors, theres nowt about!! Pretty tempted to try the savage now, the other reviews and clips etc ive seen and read said similar to be honest.

Yes, i could be interested in the base/rail, if i go ahead and get one, let me know what you were thinking ie price?

Cheers.

Archived