Remington 700 stock/chassis ideas?

sorry i should have said , 260rem (140 amax@ 2850)

i have to say that long range plinking at rocks gives you a second to reaquire your sightpicture at 700yds plus so i've always found that actually easier to spot splash?

and yes a mod helps loads.

I imagine your scope is set at something a bit less than 25-40x,too,for your 60 y shots! You won't see the 1000yard aiming mark with any precision,or at all with modest mag,and duplex will obscure it and a bit all round. The best all round carry stalking rifle I have ever used is the old 6.5 M/S-61/2 lb,good for almost anything that moved before the shot.But not a long range rifle! It didn't need any after market stocks etc,just made right first time -in 1905!

george

Yes,MD,I looked at these-but it's more just a chassis-by the time a magpul added etc it was more £1k and essentially untested...But it will be interesting to see how the rifle shoots ..I asume you have the 'before TAC21' groups for comparison.Thee is no shortage of stocck options,Edi and I are really trying toi find some common ground about weight/design-I think the differences are more to do with actual purpose/useage.We shall see,but do post the TAC21 results-the aesthetics will attract some,not others-performance is important too,and shooting comfort-to me the standard R700 308 isn't pleasant to shoot,although performance is excellent for factory rifle.

george

I'm looking forward to seeing how it shoots, I took the plunge based on a few reviews I've read including the one in Target Shooter http://www.targetshooter.co.uk/Magazine/april_2012_issue_dps.pdf. The cost is way OTT when you look at some of the other stocks available but I wanted something (pretty) unique and left handed. I also wanted the felxibilty to swap out the buttstock for different options too.

Ive not shot the rifle at all yet as it's a complete custom build, it's a bit of an oddball being a .45ACP. If it works out I'll be ordering another in a "proper" cartridge.

I'm looking forward to seeing how it shoots, I took the plunge based on a few reviews I've read including the one in Target Shooter http://www.targetshooter.co.uk/Magazine/april_2012_issue_dps.pdf. The cost is way OTT when you look at some of the other stocks available but I wanted something (pretty) unique and left handed. I also wanted the felxibilty to swap out the buttstock for different options too.

Ive not shot the rifle at all yet as it's a complete custom build, it's a bit of an oddball being a .45ACP. If it works out I'll be ordering another in a "proper" cartridge.

Well it should beat the Thompson on vertical stringing! You will be able to check the functionality and general 'feel good' factors.It is a bit odd that there are few/no posts etc on this chassis-though unless they are before/after,not really much use as a test,unless performance is very good (ie compared to the ' standard performance'-if there is such a thing- 'average' groups don't get posted very often,but do get shot quite a lot!

george.

Not too sure would I trust the Tac21... I looked up alot of reviews about it a while back and I got the feeling that reviews were being done by the people accosiated with the company. For some reason I have always been suspicious over it! :blink:

Also the idea that the top rail is not connected directly to the action is a bit odd??

Archived