Equip advice

henry223

Hi Guys,

I am based in Lancashire England and am a very keen fox shooter. I currently shoot a Tikka T3 in .223 with a Leupold VX3 4.5-14x50.

In my quest to improve my accuracy and general varminting skills I have been looking and reading up on a few pieces of kit that I may think will help etc.

If anyone could shed any light on the below matters I would be truly thankful.

1. I have been looking at a new stock/chassis system, in particular the [supplier name deleted - causes controversy whenever named on UK forums] Precision one. Has anyone had any experience with this and has it improved their Tikka's performance?

2. Failing buy a new chassis, I was considering having my action bedded. Has anyone had their Tikka bedded? If so, was their an improvement in accuracy?

3. I currently use factory ammo (Can't afford to buy the reloading kit yet). I use the Sako .223 Gamehead soft point 50 grns. Could anyone advise on a better/ more accurate round for my gun?

Kind Regards,

Henry

Save the money on the r o e d a l e system, get it properly pillar bedded, and the money you haven't wasted on the chassis spend on reloading gear. I've a lee pro 1000 set up for 223 going cheap, then have a play to see what your gun likes. A load that works well in another may not be so good in yours, but 55gr vmax over varget is a good start and the foxes don't like it up'm cap'n.

Archived