where to get a reticle changed

blackjack

been thinking about getting a reticle changed on a zeiss 6x42 ziess quoted me £120, anyone know of anywhere else that can do this and won,t balls my scope up?

cheers

I would rather pay Zeiss £120 and know that my scope was in good hands.

The person at Zeiss that makes the reticule change for a £120 is likely to be an expert with a good spares backup and should the worst happen would have the expertise and spares availability to put things right on the spot, could you say the same for some garden shed fiddler for £50.

I'd rather pay the extra and be certain that my valuable scope was in safe hands.

You pays your money and you makes your choice.

Pete.

If you send your scope anywhere else then even if the ret is perfect the scope Will be spiral staircaseed,as the warranty will be null an void. the £120 they have quoted you is a good price and i would have thought it would have been more expensive than that.

ATB

Colin :lol:

If its your thing I have a guy that will put a Lee dot system into it. Thin vertical wire with 3 dots on it, usually 200,300,400 yards but they can be at what ever you want.

http://www.scopedot.com/index.html

I would not think the price would be much different from what Ziess want though.

A

Geoff, I had a look through a Schmidt that had this reticule job done and the reticule looked much the same as the ones in the pictures in your link, tits.

Pete.

Yes I agree, I don't like Lee Dots at all. In a fixed power they do work but for a small dot, use a long way out at night then I want it illuminated. The S&B P3 & P4 illuminated rets are pretty good but there cant be many who use them who actually use the ladder or the dots.

A

Archived