Accuracy woes

A,

The issue is potentially with both? Intially I thought it might be just the M4 but there may indeed be another issue, that being the scope. The choice of paper probably wasnt the best in hind sight. The scope rings were only torqued down using finger and thumb pressure and a small hexagonal head screw driver so i dont think sufficient force has been applied to bend the body etc. My money is still on the bore being foulded out.

Loose the paper dude !! I tried this a few years back and the day i done it it worked fine. The rifle eventually got wet and the next time i put it onto a target it was all over. The paper expands when its wet and pushes POI miles off. Leupold do matal shims for there bases that work great. Better to shim the base than the rings. Whatever you do loose the paper. :lol:

Ads

Stonewall,

Your probably right about their being carbon deposits in the barrel. Ive got hold of a jar of copper removing solvent and gave the bore a good going over and it was seriously coppered up.It took about 3 turns to remove it all it was that bad! I need to get hold off a quality carbon remover and make sure the throat is really clean.

Ads,

Got rid off the paper inserts and Ive put a set of Burris signature rings on with +/- 10 moa inserts.

Ill give here another spin once I take a look at the carbon

I think paper is a really bad choice of shim for your scope. I've done that kind of thing before but as said above camera film (or I use aluminium foil) is much more stable.

Archived