ATN X Sight 2 on a CZ455

Triumph045

Hi all.

I recently brought an ATN X Sight 2 to put on my CZ455, 22lr bolts. The rifle has picatinney rail fitted to the dove tail to take other scopes etc, and the mount on the ATN is picatinney compatible.

Now hears the problem. If I mount the ATN far enough back so that my eye relief is good, the scope base fouls the bolt stopping it lifting fully so I can't open it. Has anyone come across this problem before, and more importantly come up with a solution?

Many thanks

Triumph045

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all.

I recently brought an ATN X Sight 2 to put on my CZ455, 22lr bolts. The rifle has picatinney rail fitted to the dove tail to take other scopes etc, and the mount on the ATN is picatinney compatible.

Now hears the problem. If I mount the ATN far enough back so that my eye relief is good, the scope base fouls the bolt stopping it lifting fully so I can't open it. Has anyone come across this problem before, and more importantly come up with a solution?

Many thanks

Triumph045

Morning,

I have the same scope on my Remington 700 .223 as a fox rig, installed a rear extended rail and bugger me the bolt hits the battery cover and stops.

The solution was to get a second battery cover from Scott Country and reprofle it to allow the bolt to open and slide passed.

One short term fix I had was to fit a 2mm thick blanking piece to the battery compartment, I prefer to use an external battery pack so I dont need the internal AA's as a rule but I do like to have it as a backup in case the external pack develops an issue.

I the only other solutions I found after many hours on various forums was to lift the scope even higher with a high rail of adjust the angle of the bolt handle. None of these two options worked for me.

Hope it helps?

Jeff

Archived