McMillan A1-3

maltbuck

Just wondering if anyone has used/got one of these stocks?

I am considering one for a 300win build, making a heavy (but not too heavy) sporter type build. Alternative would simply be a Rem Hunter, or Sako Varmint, but the A1-3 has a higher comb position.

ATB

Maltbuck

I wanted one. A lot, I think it would be an ideal almost hybrid type stock. just the lead times etc that put me off, in the end went for a sako varmint style. other issue is inletting for a Tikka 595.

Yes i had seen that picture during the course of my research. It really is my first choice stock as my sako varmint stock needs a comb raiser to correct eye alignment.. Just a shame that it is such a chore getting mcmillan stocks out of the US.

A friend posted this topic on S D, and this was a reply he got.

"I too was also interested when the stock was initially released by McMillan sadly I already had an A3-5 on order and couldn't change it.

However this stock has not been well received in the us as far as my research has gone as I looked to swap it out. A certain US company bought well into the design, and ended up doing special pricing. I just don't thing that comb was high enough.

The A3 sporter would be the one to look at as a non-adjustable cheek piece option. Although it's fugly.

My sako sporter McMillan is certainly a keeper even when using a 50mm objective. The cast is spot on for me. Shame it won't take a heavier barrel."

Archived