Question for the Gunsmiths...

pcon

HI all,

I'm looking at a Sig TR200 in 6.5X55mm and was wondering if it's any different to any other action in terms of changing the barrel?

It's just I seem to remember something about some Sigs having the bolt locking lugs locking direct into the barrel.... I stand to be corrected.

Any info welcome.

PJ

I'm not familiar with the exact model you mention, but I'm assuming this is based upon the same basic action as the Sauer 200; 202; 404; 200STR; SSG 3000 etc.

In these, the three/six-lug bolt locks directly into the detachable barrel which is then held into the action by a locking key and three bolts - the bolt is first locked into the barrel to establish headspace and then the action bolts tightened to lock the barrel in place - see below ... ...

f37efb2ec5117d349c57a291cb278ace.jpg

37151b2ac96fbdd86f26438d7686e003.jpg

b881f9fce43d2b09c4cae441e4e7ed72.jpg

I've owned a Sauer 200 stalking rifle for 26 years with .243/.308 barrels and can assure you that the switch barrel system really works, a couple of minutes to swap barrels (removing/replacing the forend is the slowest bit) and the rifle will shoot 0.25 MOA with the right ammunition.

The 200 STR and SSG 3000 are also excellent rifles, hope this helps.

Thanks Rob,

I've checked out that link and I've mailed them about a 308 barrel. thanks for the link and I'll let you know what happens.

Pj

Thanks Rob,

I've checked out that link and I've mailed them about a 308 barrel. thanks for the link and I'll let you know what happens.

Pj

I'd be most interested to hear more about the TR200 - I've long had an interest in the Sauer switch-barrel rifles and this is a new one on me.

Archived